We all need to do our part to minimize risk and exposure to coronavirus by using “social distancing” whenever possible.
As a medical facility, Kimball Animal Hospital knows this very well. We have already instituted even more vigorous cleaning protocols than our previously high standards.
Every single surface (chairs, door knobs, counters) are cleaned and sanitized after each and every appointment. This even includes the door handles on the OUTSIDE of the hospital.
We will also temporarily be offering Car Side Service! We will perform our typical examination procedures. An assistant will retrieve the pet, while the owner may remain in their vehicle. A technician will come out to obtain a medical history. The doctor will perform the physical exam inside the veterinary hospital, and return to the car to converse with the owner. Any other treatments will be discussed and presented, and then performed according to owner decisions. Also, payment may be made over your cell phone directly from the parking lot!
Therefore, if you have any concerns with social exposure, you may still provide necessary preventative and medical healthcare for your pet! While this may not be possible for every pet, just as always, we will do everything in our power to reduce the fear, anxiety, and stress that pets may have during veterinary visits. For those special pets, please ask us about pre-treatment with “The Chill-Out Protocol”!
If you do choose to come into the building, we ask that only 1 healthy adult per pet comes in. If you need help bringing your pet into the hospital on your own, just let us know and we’ll send someone out to help! Please remember that we want to continue providing the best patient care for your pets, and this means keeping our team healthy as well.
This temporary Car Side Service will also extend to prescription pick-up!
We want all of our patients to remain healthy and happy, and we want the same for you as well! Please remember to:
- Wash your hands frequently and thoroughly, lathering well and scrubbing for at least 20 seconds.
- When hand washing is not possible, use hand sanitizer liberally
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, mouth… any part of your face, unless your hands have just been cleaned
- If you need to cough or sneeze, please use a tissue, dispose of it after use and wash your hands immediately. When this is not possible, use your elbow instead of your hands.
- If you are sick with a fever, persistent cough, or sore throat, avoid all non-essential contact. If this is the case, please have another family member bring your pet into the hospital.
The staff of Kimball Animal Hospital trusts in the calm, logical medical management of this issue. We believe in everyone and know that we will all support each other.